Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Fire Ceremony

During my training as a Shaman healer, I connected strongly to the fire ceremony from a ritual and a symbolic method of letting go. You can use this powerful ritual to release behaviors or thoughts that no longer serve you. Releasing what is not needed from the past allows space to receive new intentions. What can you release during a fire ceremony? Fears, anger, guilt, negative emotions, ex partners, sadness etc.…

By releasing these unwanted emotions and old patterns into the fire, you are healing at the soul level. If you want a stronger energy, you may want to do this during a Full Moon, a change of season such as solstice or equinox or a New Moon. However, a fire ceremony can be done at any time you feel stuck or have a need for forgiveness etc.

Before the Fire Ceremony:

            Make sure that you will not be interrupted. Turn off phone and advise friends or family to give you some quiet time. It is important that when you start the process of the Fire Ceremony, you only focused on this.  Then start a fire in a place that is safe; firepit, fireplace, BBQ etc... just use common sense since you will be burning paper. It may be a good idea to have a jug of water ready to put out the fire.

Before beginning the Fire Ceremony you need to be clear of what you want to release. A light heart meditation may give you insight and clarity on what you want to let go.  
Write it down as detailed or as general as you want. You can write a few things down if you have multiple areas you want to address. I like to use a different piece of paper, so I can focus on releasing one at a time. Understand that the process of letting go begins the moment you put pen to paper. It is your conscious awareness that activates the release of problems, thoughts, and things from your life. This step is very important so don’t hurry, take your time because you must be ready to truly let it go.
If you feel stuck in getting clarity think of the areas in your life that are not working (relationship, career, an ex-etc…). Then close your eyes and feel what emotions you have stored in your body. Once you have “located” that emotion write it down to release it.

If you would rather draw pictures, write words etc.… it’s good as long as you truly connect to that emotion/feeling.

The Fire Ceremony:

You may open your sacred space in a Shaman way (calling the winds of the West, East, North and South, Mother Earth and Father Sun); or calling God, angels, Ancestors; or from a ritual standpoint (protection to the circle with herbs, candle and crystals). There are many ways to open the Fire Ceremony and to call in the protection.

Example of what to say:
I release my “anger” about ______ (event, person, self-etc…). This “anger” does not serve me anymore. I now realize it holds me back and keeps me stuck.
I now accept that this “anger” is a choice I made, and I decide today not to hold onto it anymore.
Today I am making a choice not to allow ________ (event, person, self-etc) to hold me down anymore.
With this fire, I am releasing all _____ (anger, frustration, guilt etc).
I am now at peace and have clarity for my future. And so it is.

I would recommend at this time to write in your journal what you felt, saw or heard. It's always good to remember what happened during a ceremony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment